News from the
Pennsylvania Curriculum Exchange
Good morning! I have some interesting things to share with you today…
1. I have had lots of science items brought in over the last week or two. These items could be helpful in a homeschool or co-op:
Physics— these kits are complete and descriptions can be found in the Home Science Tools catalog or websiteSound Measurement Kit Static Electricity Kit Polarizing Film Kit Optical Slit Kit
Also, a pair of dynamic carts, several varieties of slinky, magnets, bulbs and sockets, thermometers, C-clamps, modeling clay and about 10-15 other items that would make good props for the “Name this item” party game.
Chemistry— Ring support stand, tons of test tubes, stirring rods, and an array of chemicals used in most high school chemistry programs.
Biology— Glass slides (prepared and blank), microscopes, dissecting kit, soil testing kit and the reason I LOVE my job—someone has consigned Giant Stuffed Microbes! This unique collection of cuddly germs, including mad cow disease, could be yours for only $6!
2. Phonics in a Box: I thought I would highlight a number of boxed sets of phonics programs on the shelf. None of these are typical homeschool choices but they would be great for kids who are hands-on learners, or enjoy watching videos or listening to tapes, or playing games to learn. They are all priced well below half of the original price:The Phonics Game Hooked on Phonics Horizons Kindergarten in a Box Astronauts to Zippers McRuffey Press
3. Recently we have expanded our history section. The way it is set up now you can choose a period of history and then find a variety of resources within that section. So you could go to the Civil War section and possibly find curriculum, readers, games, videos, historical fiction and biographies all related to the Civil War. The options are Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Middle Ages/Renaissance, Pilgrims/Colonial, American Revolution, Westward Expansion, Civil War, 20th Century. There are also the broader categories of American History, World History, PA History and Biography.
4. I need the person who recently purchased a Pre-Algebra Teaching Textbooks from me to contact me. You are missing a part and I’ve got it.
5. I’m sure we can fit this in to homeschooling somehow! We have some ram lambs for sale. Check them out here.
Thanks for reading all the way through!Julie Helms PA Curriculum Exchange 25 Ridge Road; Dillsburg, PA 17019 (717) 432-9947 firstname.lastname@example.org Open T/W noon to six